Saving Lives with Emergency Light Inspection in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
One of the most overlooked safety components for any Pittsburgh establishment is emergency lights. Although their importance is often underestimated, the truth is that these lights ensure the safety of employees and customers day after day.
Professional emergency lights inspection is beneficial to any Pittsburgh-based business—and a company such as ABC Fire can help with services such as emergency light inspection.
How are Emergency Lights Different than Standard Lighting?
You use lighting in your business every day to illuminate areas around the building. However, this isn’t the purpose for emergency lights. The primary purpose of emergency lighting is to guide staff and customers to safety in the event of a critical situation, such as a power outage. Neglecting to inspect emergency lights can result in serious consequences, from legal ramifications to injuries.
There are three different types of emergency lighting:
- Escape route lighting: These illuminates escape and exit points in your establishment
- High-risk task area lighting: This style of lighting points out dangerous materials
- Open area lighting: This lights up large open spaces, which helps people feel safe enough to evacuate
A professional company such as ABC Fire can help you inspect the emergency lighting for your establishment.
Important Considerations for Your Emergency Lighting Inspection
- 1. Furthermore, you don’t want to try to test emergency lighting on your own. Different types of lighting requires its own approach for testing, and a wrong move can cause power disruptions.
- 2. When your emergency lighting is tested by a professional such as ABC Fire, be sure that it’s logged to meet fire safety requirements.
Contact ABC Fire for Emergency Light Inspection Services. Adequate lighting is critical to putting the safety of staff and customers first. ABC Fire offers top-notch emergency lighting inspection to help save lives. Contact us regarding emergency light inspection.